Posted on Thursday, February 6th, 2014 at 08:07 PM /
Filed under Articles
People.com — Now that Jamie Chung has had some time to let her engagement sink in, she’s ready to start planning her nuptials – and talk about fiancé Bryan Greenberg’s proposal. ”It was a total surprise!” Chung, 30, told PEOPLE at Reebok’s ZQuick shoe launch in New York on Wednesday. Greenberg, 35, popped the question in Chung’s native San Francisco over the holidays.
The bride-to-be and her beau are looking forward to the months leading up to the wedding. “We just want to enjoy the year of being engaged,” she says. As for a date? “Oh, I don’t know … maybe fall 2015,” Chung says, noting she’s eager to get planning. “I think it really is stress-induced in terms of planning a wedding, but we’ve kind of initiated the conversation. I think the sooner you start, the less stressed out you’re going to be.”
Chung, who stars in Alfonso Cuarón’s upcoming series Believe, is known for her sleek physique and enjoys an active lifestyle – so much so she plans on integrating that into her big day. ”We love working out. We love the outdoors. So we want to incorporate that – maybe make it a weekend and have all the guests go on a hike. Or there’s a crazy obstacle course at this one location,” she says. “We literally have to do something every day in terms of something physical.”
And while Chung may not have her location picked out yet, she has some ideas. ”We want to do it somewhere in the woods. We’re looking at some locations in California – we just don’t know where it’s going to be yet. It’s going to be a fun wedding,” she says.
Posted on Sunday, February 2nd, 2014 at 02:29 AM /
Filed under Photos
On January 31, Jamie Chung attended the 2014 ESPN Party. 17 photos have been added to our photo gallery.
Posted on Sunday, February 2nd, 2014 at 02:54 AM /
Filed under Photos
Jamie Chung attended Ann Taylor’s Summer 2014 Collection Preview on January 28th. 11 photos have been added to our gallery.
USMagazine.com — This March, Jamie Chung can be seen in NBC’s Believe, the latest TV show executive produced by J.J. Abrams. Here, the 30-year-old actress (who recently got engaged to Bryan Greenberg) shares 25 little-known things about herself to Us Weekly.
1. I was featured in Rihanna‘s music video for “Umbrella” (first girl on Jay Z‘s right). I almost lost my sh*t when I met him. It was one of my first on camera gigs.
2. I taught my nephew how to throw a football.
3. I was a total tomboy growing up.
4. I have a BA in Economics.
5. I am addicted to Tabasco sauce. I even carry a mini bottle with me everywhere I go.
6. I ran my first Nike Women’s half marathon at 1 hour and 53 minutes! I stopped to use the bathroom and tie my shoes twice! I worked my butt off training, so I’m allowed to brag about this one.
7. I was so bad at playing piano, my teacher used to fall asleep during our lessons.
8. I have embraced golf.
9. I am a secret eater, especially around midnight. I am guilty of eating cookies over the sink.
10. I once hand sewed my prom dress. It was horrific, but I still wore it.
11. I am a sneaker head. In high school I took a part time job at the Athlete’s Foot just to buy Nike Air Max 95′s. At one point I had over 30 pairs.
12. I’m that crazy lady that will stop a total stranger on the street to pet and play with their dogs.
13. I take photos of my food.
14. I have a blog: www.whatthechung.com.
15. I believe there is a Bigfoot.
16. My first dog was named Coco.
17. I didn’t think I wanted to have a family. But then I met the man of my dreams.
18. I love camping. But will only go rough it out for a night.
19. I’ve always wanted to be a guest on the The Price is Right.
20. I’ve always dreamed of diving in the Maldives.
21. I’m a stickler for recycling. I pestered the producers on my NBC show Believe until they finally provided recycling bins on set.
22. I love doing my own stunts and I’m not too shabby at doing them. But then I’ll sprain my ankle walking in a field. I’m coordinated but also a total klutz.
23. I can’t seem to keep a plant alive.
24. I was so nervous on the set of The Hangover Part 2 and 3. I was a blabbering idiot around the guys. I still am.
25. I still watch every episode of MTV’s The Challenge. Don’t judge.
AccessHollywood.com — Jamie Chung has a new primetime drama for NBC, but don’t count her out of future episodes of ABC’s “Once Upon A Time.”
“I think it would be really disappointing to leave the audience with this giant question mark,” Jamie told AccessHollywood.com, following the NBC “Believe” panel (her new show) at the Television Critics Association Winter Tour on Sunday. “I would go back in a heartbeat. I am committed to this show, but I don’t think that door is shut, so I’m hoping that there is something we can do to kind of answer more questions.”
Jamie plays Mulan on “Once,” and in recent episodes, her feelings for another, female character – Aurora (played by Sarah Bolger) – were alluded to. The actress said she had an inkling that her character had feelings for Aurora earlier in the season.
“It was like an ongoing inside joke between Sarah Bolger and I… ‘I secretly really care about you,’” Jamie said. “For the audience as well, there was like this conspiracy online, like, ‘Mulan loves Aurora!’” Jamie continued. “I’m really glad that the writers listened, because I really do think that that’s what they planned from the beginning. They’re all about twists and you know, why not? It felt so natural to begin with.”
Things for Mulan were left on a bit of an unresolved note, as the crushed fairytale character (after seeing Aurora pregnant, and happy with her prince) decided to join Robin Hood’s Merry Men. If it works out with the scheduling of her new J.J. Abrams and Alfonso Cuaron executive produced series, “Believe,” Jamie would love a return to Fairytale Land. The actress said she would also be open to seeing a romance happen to Mulan and another character, should the writers be interested in crafting one.
“I would love something to sink my teeth into with that character,” she added. “Believe” premieres March 10 at 10 PM ET/PT on NBC. “Once Upon a Time” airs Sunday nights at 8 PM.
Posted on Saturday, January 18th, 2014 at 01:36 PM /
Filed under Photos
Jamie Chung attended the Klondike Series Premiere on January 16. She was reunited with her Sucker Punch co-star Abbie Cornish. 55 photos have been added to our photo gallery. I’ve also updated our 2014 InStyle And Warner Bros 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards Post Party and HBOs Post 2014 Golden Globe Awards Party album. Check them out below!
Posted on Friday, January 10th, 2014 at 12:02 AM /
Filed under Movies
The first official site for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For has been launched. The site shows nothing new but certainly looks impressive, working as a moving poster with the names of the cast drawn behind rain. You can take a peak at the site here!
The official synopsis for the sequel is as follows: “Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller reunite to bring Miller’s visually stunning Sin City graphic novels back to the screen in SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR. Weaving together two of Miller’s classic stories with new tales, the town’s most hard boiled citizens cross paths with some of its more notorious inhabitants.”
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is set for release on August 22nd 2014, with returning Sin City stars Bruce Willis, Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba, Rosario Dawson, Jaime King and Powers Boothe joined by Basin City newcomers Josh Brolin (Oldboy), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (The Dark Knight Rises), Eva Green (Dark Shadows), Dennis Haysbert (24), Juno Temple (Killer Joe), Ray Liotta (Goodfellas), Jamie Chung (The Man with the Iron Fists), Alexa Vega (Machete Kills), Christopher Meloni (Man of Steel), Lady Gaga (Machete Kills), Stacy Keach (The Bourne Legacy), and Jeremy Piven (Entourage).
The official release for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is August 22, 2014!